Sunday, October 6, 2013

Update: Down to the Wire!

Well, just as in real life, my race between the Tigers and the Red Sox is going down to the wire. In real life, the Tigers and the Red Sox entered the final series of the season in Detroit with this scenario: whichever team won at least two of the three games would win the division.

With five games to play, my Tigers lead the Red Sox by a half game (87-64 to 86-64). The Red Sox have two games in Baltimore, and the Tigers host the Milwaukee Brewers twice. Then, it's those final three games in Detroit---Red Sox vs. Tigers!

No matter what happens in Baltimore and Detroit, the last three games at Tiger Stadium will determine the AL East winner---some how, some way.

How cool for my replay to come down to the final series, just as in real life!

Note: You'll notice that in my replay, the Red Sox are 86-64, whereas in real life they were 83-67. That's because I kept track of head-to-head play in my replay and adjusted the Red Sox record accordingly. In my replay, the Red Sox have beaten the Tigers three more times than they did in real life, up to this point.

1 comment: